Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Where have all the mangos gone?

Bad news everyone...... mangos, are ALL GONE... well at least for 6 months or so. It literally crushed my tender heart when Jan informed me that is why we havent gone to our trusty local fruit stand:

I dont know if I had put in this blog how amazing delicious the mangos are here. I loved mangos at home. I loved the flavor, and texture..... but at home, they were huge, and light in color and usually found for $1.50 EACH! Here, they are smaller, softer, so juicy and sweet! They have a flavor that makes you want to... well.... you get the picture. We could get a bag of 10 for $3! You can actually drive up to mango trees here, as long as they arent on someone property... and get them. The picture I am putting here are: 1) Jan getting mangos from the top of our car. 2) A road side mango spot at someones home. 3) the handmade basket with mangos
we got from the roadside stand.


















1 comment: