Before I came to live here in Saipan, I didn't have any exercise going on at all! I began eating my emotions and using food for a comfort. Well, being here, being happy, and having Jan and Tasi right by my side, I now have the push to better my health. We started out doing a 1 mile walk. The picture is from our walking area. We rise before the sun comes up and as we walk it greets us.
So 1 mile turned into 1.5 miles, which then turned into 2 miles. We actually walked EVERY day since I got here except for the last two days. Due to rain, we did have to cancel, but we got up bright and early this morning for our routine walk. I have to say, I have much more energy during the day, and I honestly just feel healthier! When I got here to Saipan, I began drinking 99% water. We RARELY have anything else! At home, you RARELY saw me drink water haha. Also, we cook now, chicken usually. We have salads all the time. It took me a good few days to get into the habit, but now I am in the routine. I have my cravings, but I try to keep things around here that I can grab. Though the best thing about my diet Jan has taught me, is drink water when I feel hungry!!
I have struggled with my self esteem and weight since I saw young. I could list all the things that I blame it for, but what would that do to help me? NOTHING! So, and Jan says, "If you dont like something, then do something about it!" So... I am.... Once I get some more progress, I will probably post a blog about it with some before and in progress pictures. :-)
Someone, well, two people that have been an inspiration for me are my mother and my cousin amanda. Both of which have lost weight, look stunning, and did it all on their OWN!!! I used to secretly envy them, wishing I had the strength, but, all I needed was someone to be there with me. And I have her. And damn is it nice to finally be in tune with life, love, and happiness.
thanks for that....took me awhile, and now I have put 1/2 back on but finally have started to walk again with you as my insiration this time.....so thank you!!! My biggest thing was ... forget diets, forget fads in pills, or weight meals...whatever they advertize..just walk...move and drink alot of water and watch what you eat....simple and works.... love you bunches....mom
ReplyDelete