Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The move....

Over a year ago, I began talking with jan. Things moved slowly, and before we knew it, our feelings for each other were more than the friendship we started. After some determined, and cute chasing, jan got the yes she had been waiting for. YES I finally said. It was afternoon for me on Feb 13th. Yet being that she was (literally) half way across the world, it was already Valentines day for her! The next day (Feb 14th for me) I ended up with a table overed with three sets of flowers, two teddy bears, two chocolates, and a balloon. All came with notes so sweet. So, thats when I began my relationship with jan, a woman who I moved across the earth for....

So here we are. I am sitting in my shorts and tee shirt. I am thinking back to when I landed in Saipan....

Back on the east coast of North carolina, I began packing only a day before I was to leave. My mother, and family seem more uptight than me. I think I was in some sort of denial that it was reality. I slept on the couch that night, sleeping for maybe 2 hours.

My mother and sister drove me to the airport, an hour away, and watched as I worked my way through the Security Line. I think back to the last time I saw them, waving at me. Though my heart ached for them to go with me or even to hug me, I turned around, and didnt look back. Its not that I was turning my back from them, because those two women are my world, BUT I knew that I had to be strong! Not just for me, but for my mother. I think when I took the travels into my hands, it was easier for her to breathe.

So, before the sun rose on may 18th, I was on my way to my first stop in Atlanta, GA.

I had a 6 hour layover there in Atlanta, and used my time up with getting online, talking on the phone, texting, really anything I could. Mostly I was online. I stalked this older asian woman who was hogging the outlet, and the second she took her plug out, I claimed it, and dared anyone to come near. So I sat there for 6 hours.

By the time it was time to board my second flight, I was tired. The next flight ended up being a good 14 hours. Atlanta, GA ---> Narita, Japan! I sat next to a nice girl my age, so that was good.

By the time we landed in Japan, I was tired, sore, in pain, delerious, and not to mention, my feet were swelled up like I was due any moment... haha

I only had 3 hours there in Japan. I chatted with my mother and jan for a bit, got some foodage, then slept some on the seats people wait for thier planes on. I really didnt care.

Finally, on my last flight to JAN!!! We board the plane. And before we know it, are being told to get off and walk across the airport to another one, due to mechanical difficulties!

Finally, We are landing in Saipan, and thats when the excitement rose in my like a kid in a toy store. I filled up with so many emotions. And there they were. Jan, and her, well now OUR dog Tasi! I was so happy........

No comments:

Post a Comment