Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Its always funnier in the moment...


jan and I both came up with this idea of me writting a blog, one, because it gives me something to do... and two, because the other day when we were driving from the store, we saw what I like to call the "back to the future car". (reference left) So, I am using this blog to share with everyone my life here. When something funny happens, I turn to you. When I see something I need to share, I turn to you. This my friends, will be my story of my adventure! I want to introduce the island of Saipan in a way I see it. Where I go, what I see, who I meet.

I want to talk about the drivers here. you know, I spent a good year or so living in Northern Jersey when i went to school. I always remember how getting used to driving there was a challenge for me. Finally over time, and after learning to put my foot down and holding my round on the roads, I became confident in my driving. I felt like I too owned the road along with every other Jersey driver. when I saw license plates from other states, I too rode asses, honked horns, and even cut them off. I learned the held up hands saying "What in the bleep are you doing?!" So, I got comfortable being behind the wheel there.

here.... HERE?! ok, I love this island. I love the people here... but... honestly... how do I put this nicely.... IF YOU PULL OUT IN FRONT OF US ONE MORE TIME WHEN WE ARE ONLY FEET AWAY WE WONT STOP NEXT TIME!!! *whew* that felt good to get off my chest.

I began to notice our first day. When you are driving down the road, and there is a car waiting to pull out, 98.6% of the time they are mischievously waiting for you to get close enough that they can cut you off, make you slam on your brakes, and then they take the next damn turn! oy vey or however you spell it...

but, again, I love the island! :-) so, now we just make a joke of it. Saying, I bet they are gonna cut us off, to every car we see. even parked, unoccupied ones... yeah.... its priceless.....

No comments:

Post a Comment