So, today, at 344pm I felt my first REAL earthquake. I know the first night I was here I felt a tiny one, so tiny i thought it was just a neighbors door shutting. But today, I was sitting at the computer, and I felt the same thing. I looked around to see if tasi boy was maybe laying beside the chair and itching, but he wasnt. Just as I was texting jan that I felt a tremor, it really began to shake for maybe 3-5 seconds. I know thats not long, but for an East coast girl, it felt like the biggest known to humanity! haha
The whole entertainment center was shaking and I was trying to stand to get to the boy. He ran to me right after and once it stopped I went to the balcony to look out. Of course, I wouldnt see anything, and of course everyone outside this apartment were fine. Driving like nothing, walking around like nothing. Maybe I imagined it? How the hell could I?
Then the phone rang. It felt comforting to hear Jan on the line. Asking if I was ok and telling me that it was indeed a good almost scale of 5 earthquake. I am not sure what made it happen. I know there have been some volcanos around that have been erupting and having some life, so maybe thats all it was... all i know is... its been almost 2 hours and I am STILL shaken up!
No comments:
Post a Comment