Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Pedestrians and speedlimits

So, I cant believe I havent written about this yet, but I remember the first day Jan drove me around the island, on a busy ass highway, all of a sudden, all the cars, traveling both directions all put on their hazard lights and completely STOP to allow pedestrians cross the road!!!!!

The asian pedestrians facial expression of surprise, matched mine. I almost freaked out when I saw that. All I could think of was, wa wa wait a minute. At home, cars SPEED UP toward pedestrians!!!

So now, I have to keep my eyes peeled to look for the random people standing on the side of the road. Usually trying to get back to their Resort. And every time, I see that same look of confusion when the fast paced highway turns into a sort of walkway to the other side!

Speed limit. Ok, so... at home, going 5 over is just the norm. When it says 35, you go 40. MPH 50, car going 55! Well, HERE 40.... 40 is FAST! I mean, dont get me wrong... you have the speeders that fly past going like.... 50.. WOOHOO but, it took me awhile to get used to going 35. But now, now that I am used to it, i like it. I like being able to relax when I drive. It sounds funny coming from me, especially those who know me, but, who knows... maybe Ill stick with 35.... even back in the states...... HA

1 comment:

  1. yeah right you speed demon!!! i love the blogs doll!!! keep me updateD!

    ReplyDelete