Back in may I went home to spend some time with my family after being gone for a year. the night before leaving Saipan I did not sleep. jan and I stayed up all night packing. when it was time for me to board the plane I was delirious, sad, happy, anxious, and every emotion you would expect to have when you are heading to see family and friends you haven't seen in a year, but at the same time you will be away from your partner and dog child. I remember knowing that once I went through security that was it. Jan and I said our goodbyes and I kept my composure.... That is til I turned and walked away. Tears fell like crazy. Like I hadn't cried in 26 years and I was making up for it that moment. My whole body began to go numb. But I knew the next three months were needed. So, I dried my eyes and soaked cheeks, and told myself this was time to enjoy my family.
Needles to say it was a great visit. It was nice seeing my friends and family which I had not seen in a year. But, somehow, in the back of my mind and the beginning of my heart I knew I wished to be back in saipan.
The summer there went pretty fast. I was able to see my sister katie graduate from high school, see her turn 18, and even take her and her bestie to register for college.
Then it began, the prep to travel back to saipan, back to the life I had made with my own family. I went through all those normal anxieties that comes along with traveling 30 hours across the globe. But as soon as my bags were checked and mom, katie, and I sat together I began to feel at ease in a way. I wanted to cry to have to leave mom there. But I just knew I had to.
The trip back was long but not so bad. I guess I'm somehow getting used to siting in a small space for 10~16 hours at a time. I did talk with a lady from new bern to seattle who bought me my starbucks. I told her I hadn't had any while I was home do she said she wanted to do that for me. She was do interested in me and saipan. Ended up she works with special needs children. Awesome how we meet someone only to find out how much a like you are. But soon enough we parted and who knows if I shall meet her again.
So before I knew it I was siting in japan waiting to board my last plane. I honestly was delirious from not sleeping in over a days time. I may have gotten a total of and hour the whole half around the world trip. Lol
So I watched as the plane touched down in this beautiful land. Walking to baggage and customs I began to get excited. I was about to be reunited with my lil family, including our newest puppy addition.
Finally I was walking through the doors looking for the familiar faces. Jan was surrounded by some asian girls ooing and ahing over the pups. How nice it was to be back.

Needles to say it was a great visit. It was nice seeing my friends and family which I had not seen in a year. But, somehow, in the back of my mind and the beginning of my heart I knew I wished to be back in saipan.
The summer there went pretty fast. I was able to see my sister katie graduate from high school, see her turn 18, and even take her and her bestie to register for college.
Then it began, the prep to travel back to saipan, back to the life I had made with my own family. I went through all those normal anxieties that comes along with traveling 30 hours across the globe. But as soon as my bags were checked and mom, katie, and I sat together I began to feel at ease in a way. I wanted to cry to have to leave mom there. But I just knew I had to.
The trip back was long but not so bad. I guess I'm somehow getting used to siting in a small space for 10~16 hours at a time. I did talk with a lady from new bern to seattle who bought me my starbucks. I told her I hadn't had any while I was home do she said she wanted to do that for me. She was do interested in me and saipan. Ended up she works with special needs children. Awesome how we meet someone only to find out how much a like you are. But soon enough we parted and who knows if I shall meet her again.
So before I knew it I was siting in japan waiting to board my last plane. I honestly was delirious from not sleeping in over a days time. I may have gotten a total of and hour the whole half around the world trip. Lol
So I watched as the plane touched down in this beautiful land. Walking to baggage and customs I began to get excited. I was about to be reunited with my lil family, including our newest puppy addition.
Finally I was walking through the doors looking for the familiar faces. Jan was surrounded by some asian girls ooing and ahing over the pups. How nice it was to be back.

posted from Bloggeroid
No comments:
Post a Comment