Half the semester is almost here. I can't believe in only 2 months roughly I will be done with my first year of classes here at NMC and coming up to my year of being here in Saipan. Time has flown by so fast this year. I don't know if it's the salty pacific winds or the bright warm skies, or maybe it's because I am happy here? Either way, whatever it may be, I accept it because I am very happy here right now.
Jan and I have had our share of hurdles and fallen to our knees both together and alone, but, we always know the way to help the other one back up to our feet.
I have gained a lot since taking the long journey across the whole US and Pacific Ocean. I am stronger in a way I never felt. I feel almost like I can do anything. I have lost 36 lbs and still going. I love the feel of the sun more than ever. But most of all, my core is expanding.
Not only am I gaining an education through books and teachers, I am gaining an education that ONLY is achieved through one thing. One very important thing. LIVING.
I am not living, If I am not feeling or seeing. I am not living if I can not enjoy the earth around me. Every waking moment here I am looking at something. The sky, clouds, the sun setting or rising. But not only is it that I am looking, but I am absorbing! You may not know it, but the earth around us is so full of energy it is maddening. This energy is something I have always known was there. As a child I loved the trees and the water. I was always more connected to the earth than any religion. I couldn't explain it. But, I can now. It was life. Life is my religion. Happiness. Love. Compassion. Forgiveness. Earth. This is MY religion I found here on this small magnificent paradise. All of this I found and yet it has only been but 9 months.
Why am I saying this? Well because I want to. Because I can. See, to me there is nothing worse than having religion shoved in your face. Some people think of me as evil because of my lifestyle and non acceptance of a religion. Some thing of me as weird to look at my Buddha figures as my religious icons. Or Gandhi. Or to call books like The Secret and A New Earth or even Eat. Pray. Love. my bibles. But that's who I am. Everyone has their own beliefs. I am HAPPY to hear someone excited about their religion. And I feel honored when they even share it with me. I am not against it. I do not dislike any form or denomination of religion, I just have a wide eyed approach to it. And a wide heart. I don't care what religion you are or political side you root for. If you are a good person then that is what I see. Just think how different the earths inhabitants would live with those around them if EVERYONE was able to just live and let live.
I don't want to keep blabbering on about this because it is only my own feelings on the matter. But, just remember, everything comes back around. Try to be the best person you can possibly be. Turn your negative thoughts into positive and see how your life changes. Love your family, your friends, and most of all: love your enemy. They are the ones who need the love the most. Try to think " that rude angry person may have been going through something awful. " and if not, then allow life to decide their fate. Just remember to live your life.
And to those reading who feel for whatever situations they are in that they may not be able to do the adventurous things they wish for, reset your thinking. If you want something and believe that it WILL happen then in time and when you are ready, believe me, it will happen!
Much love!! Lauren

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Jan and I have had our share of hurdles and fallen to our knees both together and alone, but, we always know the way to help the other one back up to our feet.
I have gained a lot since taking the long journey across the whole US and Pacific Ocean. I am stronger in a way I never felt. I feel almost like I can do anything. I have lost 36 lbs and still going. I love the feel of the sun more than ever. But most of all, my core is expanding.
Not only am I gaining an education through books and teachers, I am gaining an education that ONLY is achieved through one thing. One very important thing. LIVING.
I am not living, If I am not feeling or seeing. I am not living if I can not enjoy the earth around me. Every waking moment here I am looking at something. The sky, clouds, the sun setting or rising. But not only is it that I am looking, but I am absorbing! You may not know it, but the earth around us is so full of energy it is maddening. This energy is something I have always known was there. As a child I loved the trees and the water. I was always more connected to the earth than any religion. I couldn't explain it. But, I can now. It was life. Life is my religion. Happiness. Love. Compassion. Forgiveness. Earth. This is MY religion I found here on this small magnificent paradise. All of this I found and yet it has only been but 9 months.
Why am I saying this? Well because I want to. Because I can. See, to me there is nothing worse than having religion shoved in your face. Some people think of me as evil because of my lifestyle and non acceptance of a religion. Some thing of me as weird to look at my Buddha figures as my religious icons. Or Gandhi. Or to call books like The Secret and A New Earth or even Eat. Pray. Love. my bibles. But that's who I am. Everyone has their own beliefs. I am HAPPY to hear someone excited about their religion. And I feel honored when they even share it with me. I am not against it. I do not dislike any form or denomination of religion, I just have a wide eyed approach to it. And a wide heart. I don't care what religion you are or political side you root for. If you are a good person then that is what I see. Just think how different the earths inhabitants would live with those around them if EVERYONE was able to just live and let live.
I don't want to keep blabbering on about this because it is only my own feelings on the matter. But, just remember, everything comes back around. Try to be the best person you can possibly be. Turn your negative thoughts into positive and see how your life changes. Love your family, your friends, and most of all: love your enemy. They are the ones who need the love the most. Try to think " that rude angry person may have been going through something awful. " and if not, then allow life to decide their fate. Just remember to live your life.
And to those reading who feel for whatever situations they are in that they may not be able to do the adventurous things they wish for, reset your thinking. If you want something and believe that it WILL happen then in time and when you are ready, believe me, it will happen!
Much love!! Lauren

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment