As I got outside tonight and looked up at the sky I suddenly lost my breath. The dark night was filled with cool whispering winds and the moon was making the huge clouds seem like giants. Tasi and I fed the homless kitties that we keep happy and made our way to the car. Going to pick Jan up from work now. But I couldn't take my eyes off of these large outlined clouds that seemed to want to devour the earth. I wanted so bad to be able to snap a picture but my phone just can't handle that sort of beauty.
Today was a long day for me. The first of 15 Tuesdays I will be in class. Meaning today was the first day of the semester. Today was Pacific Lit , Geography , and Intro to Teaching. Thankfully I have good teachers. Two of the three I have had already and the third who teaches , well, teaching is awesome.
My pacific lit class is going to realy open my eyes to Micronesia culture. I can't wait to start the reading material. This tiny island has more history than most big states have. It is just all so intriguing to me.
Now that I am back in school I will be writing more. I am happy to have my little piece of Blog land for those moments where I want to share what is going on.
At the moment and for almost a month now I have been sleeping on a makeshift bed I conjured up one night. Couch cushions, one hard as a rock body pillow for my real pillows and a nice folded up blanket for my feet to sleep on. Hey its way more comfy than the bed we had and all three of us can at least sleep in the same room again. Damn bed that came with the apt. Hard as the damn road. Lol I am thankful for creativity between Jan and myself and the ability to make an uncomfortable situation, comfortable.
And I end with this quote from my Intro to Teaching class today :"To live is to risk dying"
Signing off.
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone
No comments:
Post a Comment