So this morning I woke, threw on some outside clothes, leashed up tasi boy and walked out the door to let him do him morning business of peeing on our car tire. Most mornings its already hot and once I step out I'm usually already forming sweat beads on my back. But today was different. The wind was cool. Almost like the end of september can be at home. The sun is still shining through but that wind was just amazing. I think tasi was even surprised because when it was ready to go in he punked me into thinking he had to go number two. And after a few minutes I realized his deep black eyes were closed in the wind. I'm such a sucker. Or he is just hella good at being all cute and getting what he wants.
One thing that was always on the back of my mind was the thought of "Am I going to miss fall/winter?" The answer to that is and will always be, YES. Don't get me wrong. Being able to wake almost 6 days of the week to bright blue skies, a low hot sun, and clouds that seem close enough to touch is pretty amazing. This is something that never gets old to me.
I am going on 4 months here this month and its weird because one part of me can't believe I have been here this long and the other part of me feels like I know this place. Its so strangly awesome to be uprooted to a place you have no way of preparing for but getting there and feeling like you have been here before. This place is somewhere I will tell people for the rest of my life to come and visit at least once. I would love to see the islands here, but I don't think that's going to happen.
Well I'm gonna wrap it up. I'm going to finish my coffee, get jan ready for work, and come home and do some class work. Or better yet, maybe ill take tasi and my books to the park.
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone
No comments:
Post a Comment