Life here has become the norm for me. The heat is something I dont even think about. Just comes naturally to get used to being sweaty and showering 4 times a day. I dont think I will ever get bored with the surprise of closing my eyes while Jan puts some sort of new local food in my mouth for me to try. We went to this small building that I have passed by many times a day, and she sent me in to buy 6 doughnuts. I was thinking to myself #1 we dont need 6 of them and #2 we wont be able to eat 6! I opened the door to the right. There were two there and the door to the left was for eating in, and the door to the right was for take out. I walk inside this tiny cement building. I am greeted by a very nice local woman. I ask her for 6 doughnuts. As shes getting them I admire a religious shrine thats up on the wall. I am being looked at by the glass window that separates the two rooms by a younger girl. She was sitting with two older women whom Im guessing were her mother and grandmother. All of which were locals, and had that beautiful long dark hair that I find myself admiring when I get to see. (also reminds me of my besties back in NC who are from the islands) :-)
So the lady comes back with this bag of plain looking doughnuts. I get two bottle of ice cold water, and head out to the car. I admit I was hungry. It was breakfast time. The doughnuts to my surprise were rather warm! Jan said they are called galaxy doughnuts. I took one bite and I had this earth shattering feeling go all over me. Oh My GOSH! I have never tasted anything so satisfyingly comforting. I felt like that one bite solved the worlds troubles. That one bits wiped away all the tears being shed around the world. Laugh at me, but I will say, coming from Krispy Kreme land, I know a good doughnut, and let me tell you. THIS ONE WINS!!! I decided to change the name to EARTH SHATTERING DOUGHNUTS.
Anyways, I have some bad news. The skinny doggie we were feeding "Princess" got hit by a car and died. This was very sad news to us, but I honestly was thankful that she didnt have to live in this cruel world anymore. I was thankful that she wouldnt live another day in the hot heat with barely any food and water. My heart was crushed and happy at the same time. Sometimes I wish all the stray dogs could go, just so they wouldnt have to live the way they do.
Jan bought me some awesome makeup kind of as a thank you for helping her. I must say, the response I have been getting from the asian population while wearing the makeup is a LOT nicer than when i dont.... why is this? I want to point out right now that I am not racist, but honest. And sometimes honesty is taken alllll wrong. But I dont understand why so many of the non locals here see so angry all the time. Here I am , walking up into the post office, big ol smile, ready to exchange hellos and have a good days... and when I walk in, im lucky to get a look up and if I do, i get this look like "stop bothering me" And I know, who knows... maybe they are just having a bad day... but damn... every day?! haha
Jan and I went to the Duty Free Galleria and I loved it. There are all the crazy expensive shops. Tiffany & co. Cartier. Chanel. LV. and the list goes on. Im going to put some pics up from there. I was surprised we had shops like that here hahaha
well Im signing out. I think im going to join jan and our boy in the air conditioned bedroom and try to get some shut eye.





No comments:
Post a Comment