If you can believe it, I experienced something today for the very very first time in my 26 years of existance. Our good good friend Maryann has been asking me to grab some beach time with her almost a month now. Every week i get the text asking if i can join. Well, finally i decided that today would be the day! Our beach time excursion began late in the day, not till 4pm. We found a spot, put the blanket down and enjoyed watching the kids jumping in the water, off of the long dock. They were doing flips and lauging, and were just having so much fun.
As we sat, we talked about many things. The rain soon joined us, and we raced to out anything electrical in the cars. Thankfully, we were parked within 6 feet of the shore, so we were able to see. Watching the sun set there was so peaceful. I felt this overall happiness inside me. Finally, we decided to get in the water. The water is rather shallow, but at least 4 feet. Time disappears while you are in there. If you know me, you will know that this evening was something of a marker for me. Firstly, i do not swim, also i have panic attacks about drowning. The only times i have been in the ocean were a few times when i was young, and recently when Jan took me snorkeling at Managaha.
We stayed there, talking, in the lagoon for about an hour! I watched the transition of the sun and the moon just above me, as I enjoyed the calmess that the the tall waves cast upon me. I didnt want to get out..... Ever! :-)
I wish i could find a way to put the feeling of joy that i felt tonigt here, for you to share with me.... But i just cant. You may not understand why on earth this was such a big thing for me, but, that is ok. I found something new that truely makes me happy! It calms mymerves,and washes away all the things that stress me out and bring me down!
I am thankful to have found this.... And i look forward to doing this very often!
Signing out!
Lauren
As we sat, we talked about many things. The rain soon joined us, and we raced to out anything electrical in the cars. Thankfully, we were parked within 6 feet of the shore, so we were able to see. Watching the sun set there was so peaceful. I felt this overall happiness inside me. Finally, we decided to get in the water. The water is rather shallow, but at least 4 feet. Time disappears while you are in there. If you know me, you will know that this evening was something of a marker for me. Firstly, i do not swim, also i have panic attacks about drowning. The only times i have been in the ocean were a few times when i was young, and recently when Jan took me snorkeling at Managaha.
We stayed there, talking, in the lagoon for about an hour! I watched the transition of the sun and the moon just above me, as I enjoyed the calmess that the the tall waves cast upon me. I didnt want to get out..... Ever! :-)
I wish i could find a way to put the feeling of joy that i felt tonigt here, for you to share with me.... But i just cant. You may not understand why on earth this was such a big thing for me, but, that is ok. I found something new that truely makes me happy! It calms mymerves,and washes away all the things that stress me out and bring me down!
I am thankful to have found this.... And i look forward to doing this very often!
Signing out!
Lauren
posted from Bloggeroid
No comments:
Post a Comment